This little Crocus Flower Craft would be a really cute gift for mom on Mother’s Day or even a cute Teacher Gift. The perfect simple Spring Flower Craft for kids to make.
In my experience, The first flower to bloom has always been the Crocus flower. It blooms so early, that it has to suffer through late-spring Midwest blizzards. They really are one of the first signs that spring is near, and thank God for That!
This Crocus Flower in a Pot Craft would be a great gift to give away. Another great flower craft for mom that you might like is my post on How to Make Flowers out of Tissue Paper, or how to make easy Pipe Cleaner Flowers
With a little help from an adult, kids can easily finish this craft for the special person in their life.
These flowers will last for years as a sweet keepsake.
If you are looking for an easy flower craft to make with the kids, take a look at these:
Tips and Tricks for this Spring Flower Craft:
- Plastic spoons with wide ends (like the one on the right) are the easiest spoons to use for this craft. Narrow or curved ends are frustrating and difficult to match the ends
- If you find that the ends on your spoons will not go together, then you may need to use a low temp. glue gun to secure the spoons so you can wrap them with the floral tape
- If you can only find spoons with curved ends, you may need to trim the ends to make them straight
- An adult should probably start the craft by taping some of the floral tape on the spoon handles. Kids can probably take it from there. The only other struggle maybe gluing it to the cup. An adult may want to use a low temp. glue gun to glue the spoonflower to the cup
Here’s What You’ll Need for this Flower Craft:
- 3 plastic spoons – I used purple for one flower and yellow spoons for another
- floral tape
- green pipe cleaner cut into thirds
- yellow pipe cleaner cut into halves
- 1 clear 9oz. cup
- crinkle cut brown paper shavings
- A low temp. glue gun and glue sticks or an alternative to the glue gun, like…Fabri-Tac
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Easy Flower Craft for Kids to Make…
Here’s a quick video to show you how I put these spoon flowers together…
And, here’s another video showing me using a low temp glue gun for some added ease to this flower craft…
Note:*This is such a fun and simple craft. The hardest and sometimes frustrating part will be facing the spoons inward and getting them to stay while you wrap them. If you are doing this with very small kids, you might want to get the spoons partially wrapped for them and then hand them over for the rest of the craft. If you get them wrapped from the middle to the bottom, they should be good to go and easy for little ones! They can finish wrapping to the top of the handles.
- Face all 3 spoons inward, forming a triangle with the handles
- Start wrapping the middle with floral tape and go all the way down (this first part is just to get a good hold with the floral tape, so the spoons are held together)
- Wrap the spoons again, going all the way up to the end of the handle
- Now insert your green pipe cleaner into some spaces on the tape
- Insert the yellow pipe cleaner down the center of the spoons so some of the yellow is sticking out of the top
- Glue the spoon bouquet to the bottom of the cup and fill it with brown paper
- You are done
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com