It’s a tropical smoothie the kids will love. Bonus…With yogurt and so much fruit mixed in, it has lots of great nutritional qualities. The perfect summer treat that is as healthy as it is refreshing.
What is a Tropical Smoothie Made of?
Usually, a tropical smoothie consists of fruits you might find in the tropics like coconut, mango, pineapple, orange, and banana. The fruit is a combination of fresh, frozen, or in the form of juice. Yogurt is sometimes incorporated into the smoothie which can be a tropical flavor, plain, or vanilla.
Tips and Tricks for making a Tropical Smoothie:
- Using frozen fruit will instantly give your smoothie a cold and refreshing feel
- Yogurt is a great way to provide even more nutrients to this healthy smoothie
- A great addition to the fruit juice would be coconut milk or coconut water
- If the smoothie is not thick enough, you can add more yogurt, another banana, or frozen fruit
- Garnish with fun and tropical decorations like a wedge of orange or lemon, an umbrella straw and tropical stirrers
Make-Ahead and Storage:
This smoothie can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days or frozen for up to 3 months
Use your senses to tell if it is still good – Is the color still bright or has it browned? How does it smell? Does it smell fresh or sour?
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this tropical smoothie
How do you make a Tropical Smoothie?
Tropical smoothies are so easy to make. This smoothie is a combination of frozen mango, fresh banana, coconut yogurt, pineapple, and orange juice all combined in a blender and served cold. Garnish with tropical stirrers, straws, and little umbrellas for a fun summer drink.
More Drink Recipes
Here’s the recipe and printable:Print
5 Ingredient Tropical Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Total Time: 58 minute
- Yield: 2 (16 oz.) servings 1x
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 cup of Frozen Mango Chunks
- 1/2 cup of Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup of Orange Juice
- 12 oz. of Pina Colada Yogurt – or coconut flavored
- Combine everything in a blender, close the lid, and blend until smooth
For a more liquid smoothie, add more juice – 1/2-1 cup more
If the smoothie is not thick enough – add more frozen fruit, more yogurt, or a banana