It’s a tropical smoothie the kids will love. Bonus…With yogurt and so much fruit mixed in, it has lots of great nutritional qualities. The perfect summer treat that is as healthy as it is refreshing.
If you are looking for refreshing summer drinks, then you are in luck. My kids love it when we make fun summer drinks and I have loads of them to share with you. You might want to take a look at this easy to makeKool-Aid Slushie Drink, an amazing Frozen Lemonade that tastes just like the fair, or this Copy-Cat Sonic Cherry Limeade, or yet another Copy-Cat Sonic drink the Sonic Ocean Water
Table of contents
What is a Tropical Smoothie Made of?
Usually, a tropical smoothie consists of fruits you might find in the tropics like coconut, mango, pineapple, orange, and banana. The fruit is a combination of fresh, frozen, or in the form of juice. Yogurt is sometimes incorporated into the smoothie which can be a tropical flavor, plain, or vanilla.
Tips and Tricks for making a Tropical Smoothie:
- Using frozen fruit will instantly give your smoothie a cold and refreshing feel
- Yogurt is a great way to provide even more nutrients to this healthy smoothie
- A great addition to the fruit juice would be coconut milk or coconut water
- If the smoothie is not thick enough, you can add more yogurt, another banana, or frozen fruit
- Garnish with fun and tropical decorations like a wedge of orange or lemon, an umbrella straw and tropical stirrers
Make-Ahead and Storage:
This smoothie can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days or frozen for up to 3 months
Use your senses to tell if it is still good – Is the color still bright or has it browned? How does it smell? Does it smell fresh or sour?
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this tropical smoothie
[box] Fun Express Multicolor Trop...Shop on Amazon Fun Express Plastic Tropica...Shop on Amazon DelightBox 4 Dozen Assorted...Shop on Amazon Ninja QB900B Master Prep Fo...Shop on Amazon Coconut Cups with Straws, 1...Shop on AmazonG.E.T. HUR-20-CL-EC Cheers ...Shop on Amazon[/box]
How do you make a Tropical Smoothie?
Tropical smoothies are so easy to make. This smoothie is a combination of frozen mango, fresh banana, coconut yogurt, pineapple, and orange juice all combined in a blender and served cold. Garnish with tropical stirrers, straws, and little umbrellas for a fun summer drink.
More Drink Recipes
Here’s the recipe and printable:
- 1 blender
- 1 Banana Ripe
- 2 cups Frozen Mango Chunks
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 12 oz. Pina Colada Yogurt – or coconut flavored
- Combine everything in a blender, close the lid, and blend until smooth
Nutrition Facts are only an estimate
Making Smoothies thinned out or thickFor a more liquid smoothie, add more juice – 1/2-1 cup more If the smoothie is not thick enough – add more frozen fruit, more yogurt, or a banana