Minions – I love them. Whether they are the cute little yellow minions or the funny purple evil minions, they are all hysterical to me. This Purple Evil Minion Gift Bag Idea is perfect for your minion-loving party.
Evil Minion Gift Bag Idea:
If you want to add the Yellow Minions to your party, here’s my tutorial on those.
And, if you are looking for more minion party ideas, check out these…
Despicable Me was a wonderful family movie, and Despicable Me 2 did not disappoint. With all of the wonderful Minion ideas floating around Pinterest…I figured it was time for me to start thinking up some of my own ideas for these cuties. I’m starting out with a purple Minion. They need a little love, too. Here’s an idea for a purple Minion party gift bag.
Check out all of the different looks for this cute guy, below:
You’ll Need – for each bag:
- A Purple Bag – I found mine at Michaels Craft Store, but any party store will have them
- White Felt
- Black Felt
- Giant Google Eyes – 40 mm
- Purple Foam Sheet
- Silver Mason Jar Lid – wide mouth
- Bag of Purple Feathers – I found mine at Michaels
- Warm Glue Gun and glue sticks
Now, on to the Minion!:
Assembling the eye!
- Take the white felt and trace using the inside of a mason jar circle, tracing a circle that will fit inside the mason lid
- Cut the white felt circle with scissors
- Now, take your giant eyeball and trace around that onto the purple foam sheet
- Cut that out
- Flip the eyeball around and cut the back off – or mostly off
- Insert the purple foam – where the white backing used to be – Now, you have a purple eye!
- Then, glue that onto the center of the white felt circle and place the mason lid around all of it! Glue to secure!
- Done with the eye and goggle!
- You’ll want to use the black felt to make an odd oblong shape for the Minion’s mouth
- **You can really change his look with the shapes of the mouth. Make several different oblong shapes to transform the bags into several Minions! Some vertically longer to make him – Yell!, Some, skinny and oblong with only the bottom teeth showing!, Some, you can use a black sharpie to just draw a silly smile!
- Cut various-shaped teeth out of white felt
- Cut a couple of purple foam crescent shapes that match the length of the black oblong piece
- Assemble the mouth by gluing the teeth on the top and bottom
- Glue the purple crescent pieces over the bottoms of the teeth
- Center the eyeball/goggle – glue to secure
- Cut some black strips of felt (about 1/2 in. wide) to make the straps for the goggle/eyeball – Glue those on
- Add the mouth that you assembled earlier
- And, the feather hair!
- That’s it!
- You can change the look of the Minion by adding a purple half-circle to the inside of the eyeball. Check out the pictures below (and above) to see some different ways to make different Minions!
- Have Fun!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me to see what I’ve been up to:
Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com – party ideas, fun foods, crafts, recipes, and fun things to do with the whole family!