Finally, a Sloppy Joe Recipe that I can honestly say is the best I’ve ever tasted. It is the perfect balance of a sweet, savory, and zesty Sloppy Joe. Forget about the sauce in a can. Try this easy recipe in your slow cooker for a homecooked Sloppy Joe dinner. Come on in and I’ll share this recipe with you...
Sloppy Joe Recipe
This is so good. I went back for seconds and couldn’t wait to reheat the leftovers for lunch the next day. This is such a great recipe for busy nights which is probably almost every night, right?!
I took a break from making Sloppy Joes from a can because my taste buds really weren’t jiving with the canned version. The kids really didn’t care for them either. Thankfully, this recipe came into our busy lives. I know that my family is excited to have Sloppy Joes back on the menu…finally!
Are sloppy joes bad for you?
- Sloppy Joes are typically made with ground beef. Ground beef is a great source of protein, but it is also a source of saturated fats. Substitute ground turkey or chicken for a healthier version.
What side dishes are good with Sloppy Joes?
- Corn on the cob
- Glazed carrots
- Potato Salad
- Potato chips
- Pasta salad
How did Sloppy Joes get the name, Sloppy Joe?
- Some say the credit for the Sloppy Joe name came from a cook named Joe in Floyd Angell’s Cafe. Apparently, he added tomato sauce to a loose ground beef sandwich and people called it the Sloppy Joe.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for The Best Sloppy Joe Recipe…
So, How Do You Make Sloppy Joes?
- Cook ground beef, onions, and garlic until tender
- Drain the meat
- In the slow cooker, combine, ketchup, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and chili powder
- Add the cooked meat
- Place lid on a slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
Do you have to make this Sloppy Joe Recipe in a Slow Cooker?
No. You can make it over the stove, in a large skillet.
*In a hurry? Forget the slow cooker and make it all in one large skillet on the stove. After draining the meat, return the meat to the skillet. Add everything from step 3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. This should cut the time down to about 20 minutes – total
If you’re ready to give this Homemade Sloppy Joe recipe a try, here’s the recipe for you:Print
The Best Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes I’ve Ever Had! – Easy Recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- Total Time: 28 minute
- Yield: 8 + servings 1x
- 2 lbs. of sirloin ground beef
- 1 cup of chopped sweet onion – like Vidalia
- 3 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1 cup of chopped mini sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. of yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. of chili powder
- Hamburger buns
- Cook ground beef with onion and garlic until beef is browned and onion is tender
- drain fat
- In slow cooker – combine, ketchup, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and chili powder – mix will
- Add the cooked and drained beef mixture
- Stir everything until beef is coated with liquid mixture
- Cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours
- Serve on hamburger buns
- Serving Size: 8