This has to be one of my favorite Easter crafts. It is an Easter craft that doubles as an Easter Basket. This is such a cute Easter Bunny Basket that’s perfect for the kids to make.
Homemade Easter Bunny Basket
This Easter Bunny DIY craft is so cute. My 7-year-old, Ella convinced me to do this craft with her over the weekend. I have to say, I was really not all that enthusiastic about gathering supplies for a bunny box. Ella had found this craft in a book I brought home from the library, and she was determined to do it with me. So, I pushed on, and I’m so glad.
Are you ready to make this cute Easter Basket? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need:
Some examples of Equipment Needed from Amazon
- box – We used a Saltine Crackerbox
- small white paper plate – about 7 inches in diameter
- 2 Large google eyes – about 1&1/2 in. in diameter
- Light blue foam sheet
- 3 sheets of White paper or foam sheet
- Pink paper or foam sheet
- Spring colored pipe cleaner – pastel colors are perfect
- Large pom-pom – a spring color – pink, purple or blue
- 2 pink pipe cleaners
- 1 pink foam heart
- Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
For the Head
- Add some hot glue to the front of the paper plate, and fill it with fiber-fill
- Cut bunny ears out of one of the white sheets of paper – ours are about 2&1/2x6in.
- Cut pink to inside about 1&1/2 inches by 4in.
- Glue the pink and white earpieces together, and glue them to the back of the paper plate
- Bend both of your pink pipe cleaners into Vs and place the heart sticker in the middle for the nose and whiskers
- Turn the google eyes around and cut a slit out of the back – large enough to pull the black insert out
- Cut 2 round blue pieces – a little larger than the black inserts and stuff those into the google eyes. These will replace the black round pieces
- Glue your whiskers and eyes on the front of your fiber-fill paper plate
- Laying the box on its side, cut one side out completely for the top of your basket
- Wrap the outside of the box in white paper and glue to secure it
- Glue the box to the head
- Glue fiber-fill to the outside of the box, over the white paper
- Glue some fiber-fill to the back of the head
- Add a large pom-pom to the bunny’s bum
- Attach pipe cleaner somewhere on the top of the box as the handle. We poked a hole in both sides of the box, inserted both ends of the pipe cleaner, and bent them tight to hold it in place. I added a dab of glue for more strength
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com