It’s really that easy. Dump – Spread – Bake! The kids really enjoyed making this Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe and we all really enjoyed eating it over the holidays. Come on in and I’ll share the fun recipe for Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe – Easy, Fun, and Delicious!
Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe
Easy to make – delicious, moist, fruit-filled, and nutty. What more could you ask from a dessert?
Another great thing about dump cakes is that you can change things up simply by substituting 1 can of fruit for a different type of canned fruit.
I hope you’ll give this combination a try. It’s an older combination from a church recipe book. My family loves the applesauce and pineapple combination.
I think coconut flakes would also be a wonderful addition to this cake flavor.
What are some fruit combinations for Dump Cake that you can try?
- cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple
- strawberry pie filling and peach pie filling
- peach pie filling and apple pie filling
- 2 cans of apple pie filling
- 2 cans of blueberry
How do you make a dump cake?
- Pour 2 types of fruit pie filling into the bottom of the cake pan
- Pour 1 box of yellow cake onto the pie filling
- Pour melted butter over the dry cake mix
- Sprinkle nuts – like pecans or walnuts over the butter
Here’s a quick Video to show you how I made this Dump Cake Recipe…
Here’s the recipe for Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe – Easy, Fun, and Delicious!
Pineapple Dump Cake
- 12 oz. of applesauce about 1/2 of a regular sized applesauce jar
- 1 20 oz. crushed pineapple can – undrained
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter melted – unsalted
- 1&1/2 cup chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans
- Topping – whipped cream
- Grease a 9 x 13 in. pan
- Dump the applesauce and spread out
- Dump the crushed pineapple and spread out
- Spread 1 package of yellow cake mix over the pineapple
- Pour melted butter over the cake mix
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over the butter
- Do not stir!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Serve with a topping of whipped cream