This turkey is so super cute, and easy to do. My six year old had absolutely no problem doing one all by herself! I love that this turkey holds little bags of treats (popcorn, candy, craft kit, etc…) in the middle. Wouldn’t that be adorable on a kid’s Thanksgiving table? You could even put a place card instead of treats in the middle of this turkey! Here’s how you can make this turkey!
You’ll Need: For Each One
- 10 (12 in. long) pipe cleaners/chenille strips – you can add 2-4 more for fullness, just make sure that you can still twist them together
- 2 Google eyes
- A little orange triangle cut from felt or material for the beak
- Red Rick-Rack for the gobble – Substitute anything red here!
- Stack the pipe cleaners together making sure they are all even at the top, and bottom
- Go about 2 inches down from one end, and twist the pipe cleaners tightly together – this is your neck, and turkey head!
- Bend this twisted section down for a curved neck
- Go to the other end of the pipe cleaners, and mark a spot about 4 inches from that end
- Twist a small section together – this will be the tail portion
- Fan the 4 inch portion for a feathered tail
- Take the front and back twisted sections, and gently push them towards each other to form a body for your turkey
- Spread, and mold the body to your liking
- Add a little orange beak, googly eyes, and a gobble to the head
- It’s a colorful fall Turkey!
- Add Treats for a fun Surprise!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com