These Valentine Brownies are a sweet way to bring in Valentine’s Day holiday. These delicious Heart-Shaped Brownies are sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face. Perfect for an Easy Valentine’s Day treat, Mother’s Day, or just to say I Love You.
You can create any personalized message you want with frosting and candies. Turn these heart-shaped brownies into brownie pops or leave them as-is for a fun treat.
Tips and Tricks for making Heart-Shaped Brownie Pops…
- Use a straw instead of a lollipop stick. It is a little wider and will hold the brownie better
- Make sure the brownie has completely cooled before inserting the straw. If it is still warm, it may crack
- Add a little frosting to the tip of the straw before inserting it and at the point where the brownie and straw come together – for added support
What Makes Brownies Fudgy?
- A fudgy brownie has more fat content, like butter, and fewer eggs than a cake brownie. To make a cake-like brownie, add an extra egg to the batter.
How do you make Heart Shaped Brownies with a cookie-cutter?
- After brownies have cooled completely, lift them out of the baking dish. With the parchment paper still underneath, push cookie cutters into the baked brownies. Use kitchen shears – if needed. You can cut around the outline you’ve made with the cookie-cutter impression. Set aside scraps for snacking.
Are you looking for more Valentine’s Day Treats? Try some of my other posts, like:
- Nutella and Chocolate Haystack Cookie Valentine Monsters
- Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Pops
- Conversation Heart Pretzels
Heart Shaped Brownies
Make brownies in the shape of a heart for your loves this Valentine’s Day.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 minute
- Yield: 1 dozen 1x
- 1 box of fudge brownie mix
- plus ingredients to on the back of the box
- Parchment Paper
- Heart cookie cutters – I used a 3-inch cookie cutter
- Pink Frosting – I used Strawberries and Cream by Duncan Hines
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Frosting in a squeeze tube
- Optional paper straws
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line your dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine your brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs – as directed on the box. Stir until well blended
- Spread into your prepared 9×13 pan – lined with parchment paper
- Bake using instructions on the box
- Now, lift the brownies out of the pan with parchment paper still under them. Just grab the edges of the paper, and transfer brownies to a wire rack to cool.
- Let them cool completely. At least 30 minutes – If you don’t they may be too soft, and fall apart.
- When brownies have cooled – pull brownies out of the pan and with the paper still underneath place them on work surface
- Use the cookie cutter to cut about 12 brownies. The scraps are for you, and the rest of the crew!
- Frost brownies and decorate with your sprinkles, frosting, and/or candy
- Optional – insert paper straws into hearts
Storage: Store brownies covered at room temperature for 3-4 days