What would Home & Garden be without Baking Soda and Vinegar?! This drain cleaning recipe is a great natural and inexpensive alternative to Drano. The kids will have a blast watching the reaction from baking soda, and vinegar inside your drain from this DIY Drano Recipe
DIY Drano Recipe
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
- Boiling hot water – about 4 cups
Now, here we go:
- I am sparing you my “Before” photo of my clogged sink
- Pull your Sink Stopper out of the drain hole – If it doesn’t come out, then you’ll have to shove the baking soda into the space you have
- First, see if you can pull anything obvious out of your drain, that might be clogging it
- Then pour the baking soda into the drain
- Add the vinegar
- Let sit for up to an hour – at least 45 minutes – it’s doing its magic!
- Pour the hot water into the drain, and watch the clean water swirl down into the pipe! Magic!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com – party ideas, fun foods, crafts, recipes, home and garden, fun things to do with your family!