Mmm…Warm and Cozy Drinks! I don’t know about you, but we are getting a little chilly here in Connecticut! I usually wait until snowfall to start handing out the hot cocoa. Let me tell you, the kids expect it. I swear, I spend thirty minutes gathering boots, gloves, hats and snow suits. Then, I help everyone stuff themselves into all of the gear. After they’re ready, I send them out to our sledding hill, only to have one kid after another come in for a new glove, or a scarf adjustment. Then, before you know it, they are all at the table waiting for their hot cocoa! When did winter fun become so much work? Let me see…where was I? Oh, yep, back to this delicious Fall Drink! This hot cocoa is so yummy, and pumpkiny!
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 t of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 & 1/2 t of ground ginger
- 1/2 t of nutmeg
- 1 gallon of milk
Now, on to the drink!:
- Using a large pot, pour the sugar, cocoa, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and nutmeg into the bottom
- Whisk it all together
- Add the gallon of milk, and stir in
- Cook over medium heat, stirring so the milk doesn’t stick to the bottom, for
- about 20 minutes!
- Serve with whipped cream, and a sprinkle of nutmeg! 🙂 Enjoy!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com