Yes, I have found more use for toilet paper. Who knew toilet paper would be the inspiration for so many kid-friendly crafts?! This napkin ring Pilgrim Hat is perfect for the Thanksgiving table.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Spray Paint-Black
- Black Craft foam
- Yellow Craft foam or felt
- White Craft foam or felt
- Hot Glue Gun and glue sticks
Instructions for Pilgrim Hat Style:
- Cut the toilet paper roll a little longer than the desired length of your napkin ring
- Cut slits around the bottom of the roll, about 1/2 inch long, and fan out
- Spray Paint the cut pieces of your toilet paper rolls with the Black paint-covering the outside
- Let Dry
- Take your Black Foam-using your toilet paper roll as a template-trace around the roll onto the black foam
- Now, keeping your toilet paper roll stationary, trace the inside as well.
- Cut around the larger circle, and cut out the center circle.
- Slide the black foam circle onto the roll, with the folded out edges at the bottom.
- Glue to secure
- Using your white foam or felt cut a narrow strip the length of the circumference of your toilet paper roll
- Wrap it around the bottom of the roll-just above the black foam piece-glue to secure
- Using your yellow foam or felt, cut out a small yellow square to serve as the hat buckle
- Set it in place and glue
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com