Easter is coming so quickly, this year. On one hand, I am excited to see Spring arrive. On the other hand, I am so not prepared! These cute little Easter Bunny Cupcakes, thankfully, are so simple to make that I might just be able to pull a fun Easter off without too much stress. Come on in, and I’ll show you how to make them for your Easter or Spring Fun Food:
Last week in Northwest Indiana, we were hit with a pretty nasty blizzard. The result was a pretty nice view to wake up to.
The kids had a day off of school. You would think I would have less time to get things like bunny cupcakes creations, done. Really, without 4 lunches to make, and homework to pack up, and bus stops to wait at, and the race against the clock to get everything done before they get home…a day with the kids just hanging out is way more productive for me. (Sometimes!)
These are so simple to make, and if you are up for help in the kitchen, it’s an easy one for the kids to lend a hand with. Here’s what you’ll need to gather for your Oh So Cute…Bunny Cupcakes! Just look at those feet!
- Cupcakes bake in White Cupcake Wrappers
- Vanilla Frosting
- Coconut shavings
- Red food coloring
- A small paintbrush
- Mini marshmallows
- Regular size marshmallows
- Pink sugar sprinkles
Now, onto the fun:
Let’s make some bunny cupcakes!
- Spread some vanilla frosting onto each cooled cupcake
- Sprinkle coconut shavings over the top
- Mix a small portion of the vanilla frosting with the red dye to make a cute pink color
- Get your mini marshmallows out and lay them so they are on their sides
- Smush or Press for a fancy term, the mini marshmallows down so they are pretty flat
- Paint little foot prints on with the small paint brush and the pink frosting
- Use some vanilla frosting to glue the feet onto the front of the cupcakes
- Grab your regular sized marshmallows and cut them at a diagonal
- Press the sticky portions into the pink sugar to make bunny ears
- Put the bunny ears on top of the cupcake – pressing down gently to put them in place
- You are done, my friend!!!
- Repeat for more.