So, I had this crazy idea that I could easily transform Hard Boiled Eggs into Fun Halloween Ghosts. It took me a few attempts to figure out exactly how to make this idea to manifest itself into reality, but I think I’ve finally got this fun treat down to a science! Come on in and I’ll show you my Easy Way to Make Ghost Hardboiled Eggs for a Healthy Halloween Kid’s Breakfast Treat
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make Ghost Hardboiled Eggs for a Healthy Halloween Kid’s Breakfast Treat:
- Hardboiled eggs
- A standard size straw
- A Milkshake size straw
- first, slice the bottom off of the eggs so they can stand upright without toppling over
- Then, take your regular sized straw and insert it right where you imagine the ghost’s eyes to go – toward the narrow (top) end of the oval
- Insert the straw just through the outer white portion of the egg and stop before you hit the firm yolk
- twist the straw around so it carves out a circle
- pull the straw out at a slight angle so the circle that you just carved out of the white part remains inside the straw as you pull it out of the egg (you’re essentially creating a vacuum effect with the straw)
- squeeze the egg that is inside the straw out onto your work surface and repeat for more ghost eyes
- Use your milkshake sized straw for the mouth of the ghost
- I like to squeeze the straw a little to shape it into an oval for the ghost’s mouth, but I’ve left it as a circle too – I like the different expressions that you can get that way
- Repeat the same procedure from above
Enjoy your Ghost Hardboiled Eggs!
Here are My Top Amazon Picks for this Ghost Hardboiled Eggs for a Healthy Halloween Kid’s Breakfast Treat
This Post Has 5 Comments
These are adorable! My grandchildren are a bit old for this, but who cares? Actually, I think they will love them—everyone needs a grandmother who does things like this, right?
Absolutely! Your grandchildren are very lucky. 🙂
This made my boys and I smile this morning. Cute easy idea. Thank you. No one is too old for cute food. My guys are 11 & 14. They happily gobbled them up (I served them warm).
That’s awesome! I completely agree. My kids are getting older now and I’m determined to keep them young at heart.
Wow! These look awesome! I’ll definitely try this with my children they just don’t eat eggs so I hope this idea changes the thought of my children’s Thanks