I love fall, oh how I love fall! I especially love the food that comes with the season. Pumpkin and squash everything! I especially love this pumpkin spice bread recipe. It’s my F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E! Just when I thought it couldn’t get any yummier, I ran out of oil and substituted coconut oil. Holy coconut oil! It’s even yummier!
This really is the best pumpkin bread ever. It’s so thick and moist. Just delicious!
The kids agree, too! This is one way to get some extra pumpkin packed nutrients into their diet. Whatever works, right?
Here’s an updated picture from a loaf of bread that I made last week (September 2016). My latest addiction is this bread with a slathering of butter and cream cheese! Oh my goodness!
Here’s your handy dandy printable:
- 1 & 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of oil - coconut oil preferred, but you can use any cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can - 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 & 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cloves
- 1/2 tsp of allspice
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. of melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream the sugar, oil and eggs add the pumpkin puree and stir together
- In separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices
- Add the dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture, and mix them together
- Pour into an ungreased loaf pan
- Mix all of the crumb topping ingredients together
- Sprinkle on top of the pumpkin bread
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out dry
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com
this recipe is adapted from a wonderful cookbook called Calvin Christian School Cookbook