This Paper Plate Turtle is a fun craft to do with the kids. It’s so easy to make. Perfect for spring, summer, pond and nature themed crafts. Come on in and I’ll share how to make this easy Turtle Craft...
Paper Plate Turtle
We just happen to have a pond in our backyard which is the perfect background for this cute Paper Plate Turtle.
We have turtles sunning themselves on the bank all of the time.
This little guy fits right in there.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Paper Plate Turtle…
- 1 paper plate
- green paint
- sponge paint brush
- glue – I used Fabri-Tac glue
- Google Eye
- Black marker
- paint the back of the paper plate green and let dry
- cut the paper plate in half
- use one half to cut out the oval shaped legs and larger oval shaped head
- cut a pointed tail, as well
- glue the legs, tail and head onto the plate
- add the google eye with glue
- use a black marker to draw a smile
Tips and Tricks for making this Paper Plate Craft with kids
- *You can break this up into two days – 1 for painting the plate and 1 more for the rest of the craft
- I like to use Fabri-Tac glue as an alternative to school glue or hot glue – It is tacky and sticks almost immediately and it doesn’t run the risk that a hot glue gun does
- Another glue that would work well is a glue stick
- If the kids are very young, you might want to cut the paper plate and shapes out for them – they can have fun painting and gluing the turtle together
- Don’t forget to write names and the date on the back of the turtle
Do you need more simple craft to make with the kids? Try these…
Paper Plate Sun – Hand-Print Craft for kids, Paper Plate Fish, Paper Plate Fish Tank