These apple recipes are the perfect way to celebrate the comforts of the fall season. From apple butter to pies and even some savory dishes.
September is the month that we head out for a day of apple picking. I love memories of picking apples with the kids, but with 4 kids, I always end of with a huge amount of apples. The tricky part after coming home with a bucket of apples is finding ways to use them. Here are some recipes that I’ve used over the past several years:
- First off, one of my favorites…Apple Butter
- This is an old recipe from my mom. Delicious slices of Heaven
- These are so much fun by a fall backyard fire. I wrapped these handheld pies in individual napkins, and the kids gobbled them up. Here’s the recipe
- A fun way to make Caramel Apples!
- This is a sweet, and savory dish. Squeeze in the last warm days of grilling fun. Here’s the recipe
Happy Apple Picking!
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com