September is the month that we head out for a day of apple picking! I love memories of picking apples with the kids, but with 4 kids, I always end of with a huge amount of apples. The tricky part after coming home with a bucket of apples is finding ways to use them. Here are some recipes that I’ve used over the past several years:
- First off, one of my favorites…Apple Butter!
- This is an old recipe from my mom. Delicious slices of Heaven!
- These are so much fun by a fall backyard fire. I wrapped these hand held pies in individual napkins, and the kids gobbled them up! Here’s the recipe
- A fun way to make Caramel Apples!
- This is a sweet, and savory dish. Squeeze in the last warm days of grilling fun! Here’s the recipe
Happy Apple Picking!
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com